Expert Speakers Include:
- John Isserlis, Senior Rough Sleeping Advisor, MHCLG
- Polly Neate CBE, Chief Executive, Shelter
- Lydia Stazen, Director, Institute of Global Homelessness
- Juha Kaakinen, CEO, Y-Foundation
- Molly Bishop, Strategic Lead - Homelessness, Greater Manchester Combined Authority
- Neil Munslow, Service Manager, Active Inclusion, Newcastle City Council
- Alex Smith, Project Manager - Housing First England, Homeless Link
- Oliver Standing, Director, Collective Voice
- Ian Swift, Group Services Manager, Housing Solutions, Southwark Council
- Dr Ligia Teixeira, Chief Executive, Centre for Homelessness Impact
- Cllr Sharon Thompson, Cabinet Member for Homes & Neighbourhoods, Birmingham City Council
The coronavirus pandemic demonstrated what can be achieved in an emergency situation to end rough sleeping and support those that are homeless, with thousands of rough sleepers being rapidly moved into temporary accommodation, evictions being suspended and the welfare state stepping up to provide a safety net for those in need.
Westminster Insight’s Tackling Homelessness and Rough Sleeping Digital Conference
explores how we can keep the momentum after the lock-down has been lifted, build on progress made post Covid-19 and ensure no-one who is now indoors needs to go back to sleeping rough.
With committed Government funding brought forward, local authorities, housing, health and voluntary sector homelessness services
now face a huge challenge in turning their short-term emergency solutions into long-term strategies.
Temporarily accommodated rough sleepers will need resettling and with the full economic impact of the lock-down yet to be realised, it is predicted that many others will soon be at risk of eviction and homelessness for the first time.
With the event being live streamed you will also benefit by hearing directly from international speakers from the Institute of Global Homelessness in the USA who will draw connections between successful global homelessness interventions
and how we can best apply them to our local context in the UK. Plus listen to a discussion between the pioneers of Housing First in Finland
where homelessness has rapidly decreased since its implementation, and our Housing First leaders in the UK about how we can accelerate the programme’s progress in Britain.