Expert speakers include:
- Harry Madgwick, Research and Policy Manager, Education Endowment Foundation (EEF)
- Graham Archer, Director for Education Recovery, Department for Education (DfE)
- Professor Bill Boyle, International Education Designer of Transformative Teaching & Learning Systems
- Dr Angela Donkin, Chief Social Scientist, National Foundation for Educational Research (NFER)
- Robin Christopherson MBE, Head of Digital Inclusion, AbilityNet
- Sonia Blandford, CEO, Achievement for All
- Kevin Harcombe, Headteacher, Redlands Primary School
- Reuben Moore, Executive Director, Teach First
Closing the gap in educational attainment
between social groups has been widely acknowledged as an issue of national importance. The COVID 19 Pandemic
and subsequent school closures
have exacerbated this gap and shone a spotlight on the issues of educational inequalities
and attainment gaps
fast-tracking them into the national consciousness.
Join Westminster Insight's Equality in Education: Strategies to Tackle the Attainment Gap Digital Conference
to hear from leading educators
, thought leaders
. You will explore the government pandemic response
including financial support
, national tutoring schemes
and technology provision
to disadvantaged pupils. Hear best practice case studies from schools
on how they are addressing the more immediate impacts of Covid-19 on children.
We will discuss the impact of the pandemic
, evaluate the efficacy of the government recovery plan
, discover pathways for maximising ‘catch up premiums’
and capture the best of innovation from schools and educators across the country.
We will explore the the effectiveness of different interventions and strategies for narrowing gaps
, meet the challenges ahead and for a recovery that builds a stronger and fairer system.