Head of Rural Research, Savills
Westminster Insight’s The Future of British Farming Digital Conference
- Jonathan Baker, Head of Future Farming Programme Policy and Strategy, DEFRA
- Sue Pritchard, CEO, Food, Farming and Countryside Commission
- Rob Ward, CEO, Forward Food.Tech Ltd, AgriFoodTech Expert and Investor
- Nicholas Saphir, Chair, Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board
- James Skates, Head of Modelling, Geospatial and Monitoring, Welsh Government
- Oliver McEntyre, National Agricultural Strategy Director, Barclays
- Prof Paula Harrison, Principal Natural Capital Scientist, UK Centre for Ecology and Hydrology (UKCEH)
- Richard Davis, Audit Manager, Defra Value for Money Team
- Jenny Phelps MBE, Senior Farm Environment Adviser, Farming and Wildlife Advisory Group
- Alex Carson-Taylor, Independent International Trade and Development Specialist and Specialist Adviser on Trade to the EFRA Select Committee
- Andrew Bauer, Head of Food & Footprint, SAC Consulting
- Craig Livingstone, Farm and Estate Manager, Lockerley Estate
- Mark Tufnell, Deputy President, Country Land and Business Association
- Jake Fiennes, General Manager-Conservation, Holkham Estate
- Angela Francis, Chief Advisor Economics and Economic Development, WWF
will review the changes to agricultural policy,
provide clarity over new subsidy schemes, future regulation
and the impact of new trade deals.
This half-day briefing will be broadcast live from our studio in London via an interactive digital platform.
Join us to examine how to successfully adapt business models
as we transition from the EU’s Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) to new agricultural funding and Environmental Land Management Contracts.
Hear how farmers can profit from supplying “public goods”
such as tree-planting, soil improvement, wildlife protection and measures to prevent flooding.
You will hear from key stakeholders from government and the farming industry as we explore strategies to reverse falling revenues
impacted by Brexit, Covid 19 and bad weather. We will review how to transform farming practices, enabling profitable and resilient businesses
that meet national goals for food, climate change and biodiversity.